Soft return and formatting query

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
HeatherKay

Soft return and formatting query

Post by HeatherKay »

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere. I am fundamentally lazy, and searching hundreds of topics hasn't revealed what I really want to know (okay, so I only spent at most 10 minutes looking, but I get bored easily 8) ).

So, here's the beef: Soft return. Great, thanks for finally supporting it in NWE, guys, but it doesn't work, does it?

I mean, I set a document so I have a hanging indent. Each hard return takes me back to the extreme left so I can start another heading/topic, with paragraph spacing. A soft return should take me back to the indent/tab position and not have paragraph spacing, but in reality it does exactly the same as a hard return. Huh?

Most times, I want a soft return to take me to the indent position, because I want to continue the same topic for a bit. I do this all the time in laying out print documents (QuarkXPress or InDesign, for example).

Or am I missing something? :?
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

Hi, HeatherKay. The feature you want is supported in Nisus Writer Express 2.5, but only under Tiger. I upgraded to Tiger a little while ago, and it works fine for me.

--Craig
HeatherKay

Post by HeatherKay »

First QuickTime content on the Interweb now increasingly requires QT7; then Flash Player 7 (8?); now a needed feature in NWE requires me to upgrade.

Okay. I get the message -- I shall order my copy of OSX Tiger tomorrow.

:wink:
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Ah, I was wondering about this as well (I guess I wasn't wondering too hard, but it's still good to know). Bummer that it requires Tiger.