Nisus Writer Pro macros don't seem to work

Get help using and writing Nisus Writer Pro macros.
phillman5

Nisus Writer Pro macros don't seem to work

Post by phillman5 »

I haven't used NWP very much. I just tried to use the 'evaluate selection' macro. I selected the simple equation 3+4= and tried running the macro. It came back with Perl could not open NisusWriterInvoked, no such file or directory while running 'evaluate selection.pl' at line 12

line 12 is while (my $line = <>) {$text .= $line;}

I have this same error with other macros. So what's the beef, what am I missing?
\____________/
     ( o o )
      \ /
        (oo)
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

It sounds like you're making use of macros that shipped with an earlier version of Nisus Writer that have since been outdated. Try the macro on the menu Macro > Calculation > Evaluate Selection.
phillman5

that was it

Post by phillman5 »

In the macro folder were a number of macros with .pl extension. I assume those are old macros, the macros with .nwp seem to work and are in folders as to the type of macro.
\____________/
     ( o o )
      \ /
        (oo)
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

That's correct, unless you created your own, all the ungrouped ".pl" macros are older macros that can be tossed.
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

What does it mean, exactly, Martin? I have a number of .pl macros, some of which did not come with NWP. Will substituting .nwm (not .nwp, I guess) for .pl do the trick or should they be chucked away and that's that?

Henry.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

There's no need to throw away any Perl (".pl") macros that are still working properly. It just happens that we changed some of the information that was sent to Perl macros a while back (perhaps Express 2.7) and this causes some of the older macros trouble.

If you need one of these older style macros to work you can convert them without too much trouble (but it will require editing the Perl code).
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Very well. No, none of my older macros seems to go astray. As far as I can test them, at least, and as far as I need them (some of them I do not even know what are for ). javascript:emoticon(':)')

Henry.