Macro: convert superscript digits to plain digits, endnotes.

Get help using and writing Nisus Writer Pro macros.
jtranter

Macro: convert superscript digits to plain digits, endnotes.

Post by jtranter »

Can anyone provide a Macro to change
endnotes (and in-text references) designated by superscript digits to
endnotes (and in-text references) designated by plain digits?

Many thanks, if so. JT
capvideo

Re: Macro: convert superscript digits to plain digits, endno

Post by capvideo »

Depending on your needs, Nisus might do this for you already. When you copy text, Nisus stores multiple versions on the clipboard; if you paste it into a text editor, it will use the text-only version. For example, here are the results of a single sentence with two footnotes, copied from Nisus and pasted into iA Writer:
This is1 a test of numerical endnotes.2
----
1. For varying definitions of is.
2. A second endnote!
For the text box used for forum posts here, Safari also chooses the text version rather than the formatted version.

The same works for footnotes, which is where I noticed it a few days ago.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Can you perhaps clarify what you'd like to see exactly? Are you just trying to change the formatting applied to your note references, or are you trying to do some kind of text conversion along the lines of what capvideo described?
jtranter

Post by jtranter »

Sorry for my long absence. I plan to convert RTF files to HTML for a WordPress blogging platform which I use for an issue-based magazine, appearing twice a year. I would like to be able to convert a Word document with footnotes (indicated by superscript numerals) (automatically converted to RTF by Nisus WP) to an HTML file with Endnotes indicated by [Note 1], [2], [3], [4], [5] and so on (using non-superscript numerals) both in the text and at the head of each Endnote [links take you from one to the other]. Any takers? Is there a Nisus Writer Pro macro that might automate this? Doing it manually is okay for five to ten endnotes, but any more and it becomes tedious. Many thanks, JT (Oh, an example: http://poeticsresearch.com/article/radi ... ere/#fnB12)
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

This macro might be what you're after JT. It converts all the footnotes and endnotes in your document to regular text, placed at the very end of your document. It also applies some bookmarks and links, so that an HTML export will let you click on the note reference to see the corresponding note's text.
Attachments
Convert Notes to Linked Text.nwm
(23.23 KiB) Downloaded 825 times
jtranter

Post by jtranter »

Many thanks, Martin. I really appreciate this!