After revert to 'last opened' no edits possible

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
petervrijlandt

After revert to 'last opened' no edits possible

Post by petervrijlandt »

I found this unexpected behaviour:
After reverting to last opened version or to an earlier version, the only possibility is to close the document without any edits. If something is edited the document cannot be saved.
After opening the document, edits can be made again and saving is possible.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: After revert to 'last opened' no edits possible

Post by martin »

I've been able to reproduce what you described, and it's definitely unexpected behavior. You should be able to save additional edits after you restore a prior version of a document. I'll file this as a bug, thank you for the report!

In the meantime I'm afraid you'll have to close and reopen any documents you revert, if you want to edit them. I'm sorry for the nuisance.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

This bug should be fixed in Nisus Writer Pro version 3.1. Reverting to a prior version should no longer prevent editing.

Version 3.1 also adds a feature that helps you browse your document's version history. Instead of flying through Apple's Time Machine interface, Nisus Writer can now show you a plain listing of all file versions, including their modification date and file size. You can see the listing using the new menu File > Versions. From there you can also open read-only copies of old document versions.

For more details see the user guide section on document versioning.
petervrijlandt

Post by petervrijlandt »

This issue is solved in version 3.1. Thanks for that!