Getting "needs access to All Managed Files folder" message

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Jtowler

Getting "needs access to All Managed Files folder" message

Post by Jtowler »

I recently replaced the hard drive in my iMac with a new SSD (real fast now!), but I'm getting this message from NW Pro: it
"needs access to the 'All Managed Files' folder. Would you like to grant permission by choosing the folder?"

I chose the Nisus Documents folder, but then received this message:
"Bookmark data previously captured for a file is invalid. File path: ~/Documents/Nisus Documents".

I tried the advice given for a user who had upgraded to Big Sur, and chose locations for the Document Manager, autosaved new documents, and synchronized settings, but that hasn't worked. Is there something else I can do?
Hamid

Re: Getting "needs access to All Managed Files folder" message

Post by Hamid »

1. Quit NWP if it is running.
2. Drag the Folder "com.nisus.NisusWriter.savedState" out from
~/Library/Containers/com.nisus.NisusWriter/Data/Library/Saved Application State/com.nisus.NisusWriter.savedState
on to the Desktop.
3. Relaunch NWP.
4. If this fixes the issue, the folder "com.nisus.NisusWriter.savedState" on the Desktop must be trashed.
Jtowler

Post by Jtowler »

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that didn't work.
Jtowler

Post by Jtowler »

I've solved my problem. The solution was in a Nisus FAQ : "How do I reset Nisus Writer Pro's sandbox container". So, Hamid's suggestion was on the right track, but didn't go far enough - the entire NisusWriter container needed to be deleted.