Bookends 14.0

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Purpendicular

Bookends 14.0

Post by Purpendicular »

I was just notified that Bookends have made an upgrade to version 14.0 and has changed something internally so that for example Nisus must be updated before the connection between the two applications work.

Could you please comment on this? If a new version of Nisus Writer Pro is necessary, when will it arrive?
David Sharp

Re: Bookends 14.0

Post by David Sharp »

Hi,
I have the same problem—in fact I've already installed Bookends 14.0, but can't get it to communicate with NWP.

When I asked Sonny Software about this, they seemed to be under the impression that you'd already posted an update to NWP which fixed the problem.

Best wishes
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Bookends 14 did indeed make an internal change that requires other compatible apps to be updated. We are currently testing a new version of Nisus Writer Pro that includes such accommodations. We hope to have it ready for public release soon.

In the meantime, if you updated to Bookends 14 and need immediate access to a beta version of Nisus Writer Pro that restores communication, please write to us at:

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Bookends 14 compatibility has been restored in Nisus Writer Pro version 3.2.2. That software update is available everywhere: inside the app, the Mac App Store, and direct download.