Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
another curly quotes issue / x-posted from NWP Beta forum 

With curly quotes enabled, when I type a double quote followed by a single quote, the single quote comes out as a closing quote rather than an opening quote.

e.g.

“’hello’ he said”

when the desired result should be

“‘hello’ he said”

Adding a space between the double and single quote leads the single quote to be an opening quote, but I then need to go back and delete the space.

2007-07-07 05:34:48

I solved the problem (for the time being) by unchecking "Use smart ponctuation” in the QuickFix menu which is in the preferences, and then I told Martin at Nisus… He said he was going to fix this.
Well, Martin? :)

2007-07-07 07:27:28
Profile WWW
Official Nisus Person

Derick wrote:
With curly quotes enabled, when I type a double quote followed by a single quote, the single quote comes out as a closing quote rather than an opening quote.

Thanks Derick, I've filed the bug for fixing.

Anne Cuneo wrote:
I solved the problem (for the time being) by unchecking "Use smart ponctuation” in the QuickFix menu which is in the preferences, and then I told Martin at Nisus… He said he was going to fix this.

I might have done that... I do remember discussing additional spacing issues with French guillemets, which should be fixed now, but that's all. Sorry for any misinformation- I don't mean to be a liar! :drunk:

2007-07-09 16:33:04
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]