default for new opening blank page?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
K-9

default for new opening blank page?

Post by K-9 »

When I open a new blank page it opens in the center of the screen. I am brand new to this App and trying to figure this out to teach my daughter this stuff. It drives me crazy to have to drag the blank page to the top left and then have to re-size this blank page so it goes all the way down to the dock. Is there anyway to set this in some type of s default setting so it always opens the same way in the same place other than the current default?

Thank you.
mrennie

Post by mrennie »

There is. Whenever you open Nisus Writer Pro, it creates a new document based on the Nisus New File template. If you change that template file, every document you create from that moment on will include these modifications as well. In NWP, click on Nisus Writer Pro in the menu bar, then on Preferences. Click on the New File icon, then on the Advanced tab. Click on the Edit Nisus New File button, then resize and drag the new document to where you want it to appear. When you're done, click on File>Save, and you're done.
K-9

Post by K-9 »

Thank you - I ended up sending tech help a question after posting here - they came back with the same answer pretty much but never mentioned the template thing.

Thank you-

I probably have another question re: templates but will leave it for now.
greenjuice

Post by greenjuice »

Thanks, this was a good description. I know that I can read in the manual but sometimes I think it's practical to read questions and answers in forums.

greenjuice
dshan

Post by dshan »

greenjuice wrote:Thanks, this was a good description. I know that I can read in the manual but sometimes I think it's practical to read questions and answers in forums.

greenjuice
I strongly suggest that you (and other new users like K-9) do read the manual, at least the first two or three chapters. It would save everyone on this forum and Nisus support team hours of wasted effort. You could even search these forums looking for the information you are after and the answers to the questions you want to ask before posting your own. Questions about customizing new document appearance, positioning and so forth (i.e. New File.dot) have been answered literally dozens of times before on these forums, it's one of the most FAQ of the whole product. And it's all covered in the User's Guide as well, which everyone is apparently too lazy to read!
greenjuice

Post by greenjuice »

dshan wrote:
I strongly suggest that you (and other new users like K-9) do read the manual, at least the first two or three chapters. It would save everyone on this forum and Nisus support team hours of wasted effort. You could even search these forums looking for the information you are after and the answers to the questions you want to ask before posting your own. Questions about customizing new document appearance, positioning and so forth (i.e. New File.dot) have been answered literally dozens of times before on these forums, it's one of the most FAQ of the whole product. And it's all covered in the User's Guide as well, which everyone is apparently too lazy to read!
Hi,

You should be careful about what you are saying about me (and other people). First, I’m not lazy or think it’s hard to read the manual. What I have done in this case is that I made a search in the forum and looked for an explanation like this answer about customizing new documents. I use to do it before reading the manual. My thought was maybe there were also tips too that could gain me in using NWP. I did not ask this question, just found the answer by the search and would like to thank for a good explanation. I do always perform a search in forums before asking a question and if I don’t find a certain answer in the manual.

My statement as you have quoted in your post, I only said that I read questions and answers forum, that does not mean I ask them or I am lazy for reading manuals. In my opinion, forums are a very good place for learning new things and too get new tips.

greenjuice