Academic license

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
larme

Academic license

Post by larme »

Hi,

I'm considering to purchase an academic license of NWP for my graduate school study. I want to know if there is any difference between the academic license and full license (e.g. upgrade policy).

Another thing I noticed is NWP and NWE have the same academic license price. I'm quite surprised because apparently NWP offers more functionality than NWE. So why they are priced like that?

Thanks for your help.
dave
Official Nisus Person

Post by dave »

Hi Larme,

There is no difference in the academic version and the full version, apart from price. Oh, and there is no academic upgrade price.

Dave
larme

Post by larme »

Thanks for your answer dave. So does it mean that the upgrade price from 1.x to 2.x for academic user and normal user is the same? I want to make sure because I have previous experience in which an academic license holder need to pay more for the software upgrade.
K-9

Post by K-9 »

I am not sure if I did the right thing either but I went with the academic - just upgraded to the family pack after an email from Dave. I was told that upgrades withing the version 1 or 2 are possible for free as such but to go from version 1 to 2 you have to pay again... But again maybe I mistook what was written a few weeks back. I am curious too....

This is 1 hell of an Application though. I am deeply impressed.

even at the academic price it may be worth it to do it this way. Maybe not.

(since moving from Appleworks to Pages - I never liked pages for the stuff i use it for and yes there are great things in Pages but the feel to me at least, of writer Pro is just absolutely wonderful! I really enjoy using it. Pages always stressed me out from the moment i opened the stupid App.
Just me.)
dave
Official Nisus Person

Post by dave »

larme wrote:Thanks for your answer dave. So does it mean that the upgrade price from 1.x to 2.x for academic user and normal user is the same? I want to make sure because I have previous experience in which an academic license holder need to pay more for the software upgrade.
No, you would pay the academic price, not the upgrade price. Academic pricing is always a bit less expensive.

Dave
K-9

Post by K-9 »

Thanks! best wishes,
K-9
larme

Post by larme »

dave wrote:
larme wrote:Thanks for your answer dave. So does it mean that the upgrade price from 1.x to 2.x for academic user and normal user is the same? I want to make sure because I have previous experience in which an academic license holder need to pay more for the software upgrade.
No, you would pay the academic price, not the upgrade price. Academic pricing is always a bit less expensive.

Dave
Dave, what I really mean is: assuming I buy a NWP 1.0 license at academic price. Then someday in the future nisus will release NWP 2.0 and charge some money for the upgrade from 1.x to 2.0. My question is if the upgrade fee (from 1.x to 2.0) is the same for people who buy the NWP 1.0 license at academic price and people who buy it at full price?