More spellcheck grumbling

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ngazidja

More spellcheck grumbling

Post by ngazidja »

I think I've done this before, but I now have NW Pro and feel - well, that it's not a big improvement on NWE.

So, my spellcheck complaints:

Why doesn't double clicking on the right word always do "correct" when correct is highlighted? If there's a choice, double clicking means "correct with this choice", if there's no choice, it seems to mean "ignore". It's irritating to have to switch from one to the other type of response when spell-checking. When there's a choice, I have to move the mouse to select the right spelling (and I can double click on it), when there's no choice I have to move the mouse to the "Correct" button and click on that. To and fro, to and fro...

And there's still no correct all. While I admit this can be done with find and replace, it's a pain to find I've spelt (for example) autochthonous incorrectly (not that I ever would) all through a document and having to call up the find and replace function to correct what is, after all, a spelling mistake.

And although I see that in find and replace the text moves so it is now visible when found, this still doesn't happen with spellcheck, where the dialogue box seems to be specifically designed so that each spelling mistake is hidden behind it.
ngazidja

Post by ngazidja »

Oh, and there are no keyboard shortcuts either.

(It sounds like everyone else is happy...)
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: More spellcheck grumbling

Post by martin »

ngazidja wrote:Why doesn't double clicking on the right word always do "correct" when correct is highlighted? If there's a choice, double clicking means "correct with this choice", if there's no choice, it seems to mean "ignore".
This seems to be a bug- that double clicking the only suggested replacement word does not correct the misspelling. I'll file a bug, thanks.