Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Equation printing and numbering 

I am using Nisus Writer Pro. I am converting my old NWC documents which contain many equations, equation numbering and cross referencing. My equation editor is MathEq/Expressionist. The problems that I am having are

1 The equations are not printing well. They print with low resolution. What do I do to fix this?

2 I have set up an equation list numbering but the equation numbering is on the left side instead of the right side of the page.

3 I am having problems with baseline recognition. Many of my equations are designed for inline with the test flow. I can apply lower baseline 4 times for proper alignment. Is there a simpler way to correct this? Even for the equations that are numbered I have to adjust the baseline. In some of my documents there are over 1000 MathEq/Expressionist entries.

Lorenz H. Menke, Jr.

2007-10-31 07:53:24
Official Nisus Person

LongTermUser wrote:
1 The equations are not printing well. They print with low resolution. What do I do to fix this?

What version of Nisus Writer are you using? You may want to see if the NWP 1.0.2 public beta fixes the problem. If not, please send a sample document to us using the menu Help > Send Feedback.

Quote:
2 I have set up an equation list numbering but the equation numbering is on the left side instead of the right side of the page.

I'm not sure I understand. Can you simply right-align the paragraph?

Quote:
I can apply lower baseline 4 times for proper alignment. Is there a simpler way to correct this? Even for the equations that are numbered I have to adjust the baseline. In some of my documents there are over 1000 MathEq/Expressionist entries.

If all the images in your document are equations that need to have their baseline adjusted the same amount, you could use a macro:

Code:
Set Selection 1, 0   # move to start of document
# process all inline images in the document
While Select Next Image
   # lower baseline four times
   $count = 0
   While $count < 4
      Format:Baseline:Lower Baseline
      $count += 1
   End
End

Otherwise, you might just have to go through and manually tweak things.

2007-10-31 16:40:43
Profile WWW

MathEQ/Expressionist can support many equations formats which when copied and pasted back into the editor are recognized so that no information is lost.

A possible solution to this problem is if there is a preferred equation format(s) that NWP works well with?

Lorenz H. Menke, Jr.

2007-11-02 05:47:38

martin wrote:
LongTermUser wrote:

What version of Nisus Writer are you using? You may want to see if the NWP 1.0.2 public beta fixes the problem. If not, please send a sample document to us using the menu Help > Send Feedback.

NWP 1.0.2 public beta still does not fix this problem of low resolution when printing MathType equations.

2007-11-06 16:41:34

The public beta is much worse with Mathtype Equations than the previous version. In fact, it is unusable.

2007-11-06 18:33:11
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]