Nisus Pro quits responding

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
geroth1

Nisus Pro quits responding

Post by geroth1 »

My new copy of Nisus Writer Pro stops responding just after it opens. I'm running 10.4.11 on a MacBook Pro. I'm able to open my last files in MSWord. However, one that has both Greek and English text seems to have decided that the last part of the English text should be in Greek characters. My delight in Nisus Writer Pro is diminishing rapidly. Has anyone had a similar problem? I have reloaded the program from the original cd and downloaded the update for 10.4
dshan

Post by dshan »

What are your "On Application Activation:" preferences set to in NWP? Is "On application launch reopen previously open documents" checked perhaps? If it is, uncheck it. I'm wondering if you have a previous document (perhaps the mixed Greek/English one you mentioned?) that trips up NWP and it's being automatically loaded each time Nisus launches due to this setting being enabled. I'd suggest you also select "Do nothing" under activation preferences to ensure as little as possible extraneous startup activity occurs when NWP launches until you can determine what the underlying problem is.