suppress line numbers (and count) on a section

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
abusadito

suppress line numbers (and count) on a section

Post by abusadito »

OK, so here is something I need to do in several documents that I can do in Word but I can't seem to find a way to do it in NWP. Here are the conditions:

1. In a portion of a text (a paragraph, to be exact) I want to stop counting line numbers and then resume them again where it left off.

2. I can not use section breaks as there are footnotes involved in the numbered and un-numbered lines of text (sections breaks will force a new page even if I select Section Brake > Same Page).

In Word I simply select the paragraph I do not want to count lines on and select Format > Paragraph... and tell it not to count in that section.

Any suggestions?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm sorry to say that I don't think there is any real solution for you. NWP simply does not have the feature to suppress line numbering on a per-paragraph basis.

Depending on your needs, one thought is to place that paragraph into a single table cell with no borders. Each table row is only counted as one line in the main document.

Sorry to not have better news.
abusadito

Post by abusadito »

Hmm... I'll try the table approach and see, the scale of the project might be manageable enough for this hack. Thanks!