I-Beam is too thin

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
lellius

I-Beam is too thin

Post by lellius »

I-Beam is too thin and does continuously blink. This makes my work uncomfortable, very uncomfortable.
Who can help me to set it much much much thicker - better if sizable -, so that i can follow its movement throughout the document text?
If i can’t control where i Amici in the document, why should i need a I-Beam? So thin, this I-Beam doesn’t’ make sense.
Prease provide, at least as option.
Thanks
gb - lellius
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Plus one.
That was the topic some time ago. In the times of NWP 1 beta, if I remember well.
I agree with you. Many times the caret, or I-beam as you call it, seems to vanish into thin air.

Henry
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

I raised this back in NWE. Part of the discussion turned into whether you call the thing a "caret" or "cursor" -- sigh! I don't care a damn either way -- I just want it thicker.

Can it be done or is the thickness ruled by the the fact that NWP uses the Apple Text Engine?

Two WPs with their own text engines do better. Papyrus offers three choices, thin, thick or I-beam -- thick is possibly a bit too thick; Neo Office doesn't offer any choice so far as I can see, but its caret is about the thickness of a letter line of a strongish screen font such as Verdana or Trebuchet -- which is pretty right for me.

NWE/P offers one positive -- you can change the colour of the caret. Preferences|Appearances|Options that immediately affect all documents|Customizable colors|Selection caret. Then you pick the colour.

I've changed mine to a strong plum colour -- that makes a bit of difference. If it were two or three times thicker, it would be great.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com