Section break causes extra unusable page to be added

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
kcheney

Section break causes extra unusable page to be added

Post by kcheney »

If I insert a Section Break--Next Page near the bottom of a page (with say 2 lines left), NWP inserts a blank page and then the cursor appears on another page after that. I can't write anything on the blank page; it has the section break marker at the top and will accept no text. If I go to the next page, the second page added in this process, and backspace as if to delete returns and go back to the middle page, it will delete the section break.

Can I control this?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

It sounds to me like the section break you've inserted on the first page can't fit there and actually lands on the second page, which forces page two to be blank. Most likely what you want to do is delete the newlines that precede the break (eg: those on the first page). The break itself acts as a newline, so you don't have to have any newlines before it.
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

Hiya kcheney

Try inserting your page break at the end of your last paragraph instead of doing a returhn. That should fix it.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
kcheney

Section break problem

Post by kcheney »

Thanks, Martin and Geoff. I did not realize that the section break also had a paragraph break/return function.

And Hi to Geoff. As I come back to Nisus after a few years in the Wilderness (but never in Microsoft Territory!) it was good to see some names familiar from the old Nisus––OS 9 & before--list, such as you, and Nobumi Iyanaga, both so experienced and knowledgeable and still contributing.