Header/footer areas

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Groucho

Header/footer areas

Post by Groucho »

Up to the most recent 1.1 beta, empty header/footer areas were kept invisible unless something was put in them. Now they are always visible unless you select Hidden Headers/Footers in Header/Footer palette. Is this the (new) meant behavior? If so, don't you think it's a bit intrusive?
By the way, empty header/footer areas are invisible in NWP help file's screenshots. See page 237, for instance.

Best regards, Henry
Lanx

Post by Lanx »

If you don't like it, then change it: choose "Edit Nisus New File" from the preferences, select Hidden Headers/Footers in Header/Footer palette and save "Nisus New File". Now Headers and Footers are invisible in every newly created document.

But there seems to be a bug: if you select "Hidden Headers" and then deselect it, then the header's upper margin is set to the lowest possible value, in my case from 1,27 cm to 0,14 cm. The same applies to the footer.
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Thanks, but I meant header/footer areas that have nothing in them (typically I set so the first page of every section). If you hide a header with something in it, all the content is hidden for good, that is won't be printed, I take it.
If you peek into the manual you will see what I mean.

Cheers,
Henry.
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

Think of it this way, Henry -- so long as you can see them, you can avoid them and not accidentally drag them to new dimensions, upsetting the page layout! :D

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- the secrets of how type can help you to sell or influence, now at the new low price of $29.95. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com or Amazon.
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

I don't fear accidentally dragging it around. I would like the edges/boundaries/rectangle/delimiters not to appear when there is nothing in it. Just the writing "Click for Header," and dim, and without useless boundaries, like it was in all versions through 1.1 beta. This is not a bug. Just a bore.

Greetings
Henry