Serious bug with Keep Paragraph Together

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
lawrencegoodman

Serious bug with Keep Paragraph Together

Post by lawrencegoodman »

Suppose you have a style where you have chose to keep the paragraph together. If you make changes to the document, this will not automatically update and you end up with paragraphs that are, in fact, not kept together. You instead have to close the document and then reopen it for the formatting to update.

This caused me a serious headache. I edited a play of mine then exported it to a PDF, unaware that the formatting had not updated. There were all kinds of screw-ups in the output, but it was too late, I have already emailed the file.

Thanks.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Serious bug with Keep Paragraph Together

Post by martin »

That should not be the case. Any editing you do in a document should always respect the "keep paragraph together" option. The only time it would not be is if there is an impossibly long stretch of text that should be kept together, eg: a single paragraph that is taller than a page, a too tall sequence of paragraphs all with the "keep with next paragraph" option set, or some combination of the two.

Some limited tests I ran didn't have any problems- do you have a scenario where the problem always reproduces? If so, it would be great if you could send us the steps necessary to reproduce this issue along with a document using the menu Help > Send Feedback.
lawrencegoodman

I just send in the file and information. Thanks.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thank you for sending the file along, we'll be sure to destroy it after we've isolated the issue.
lawrencegoodman

I never heard back as to whether this was a bug or something strange with my document. If it was a bug, is it fixed in the latest release?

Thank you very much.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

This is a bug in NWP and not something exclusive to your document. It unfortunately wasn't fixed for the 1.2 update and is still something filed for fixing, sorry.