Bookmarks: eliminate the "(autonamed)" tag?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
kcheney

Bookmarks: eliminate the "(autonamed)" tag?

Post by kcheney »

Is there a way, or could this be added sometime, to autoname bookmarks but not have the long tag "(autonamed)" appear after each one, in the Navigator?

Perhaps in some future version there could be just a symbol instead of the tag?
kcheney

Re: Bookmarks: eliminate the "(autonamed)" tag?

Post by kcheney »

Okay, figured this out myself. Should have explored further before posting!

Just use the other "Add bookmark" command, and the highlighted text I chose will appear in the bookmark creation pane, ready for me to replace it---or approve it. Same title as if autonamed but no "autoname" tag.
Bob Stern

Renaming Bookmarks (feature request)

Post by Bob Stern »

It would be very useful if existing bookmarks could be renamed.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

kcheney wrote:Just use the other "Add bookmark" command, and the highlighted text I chose will appear in the bookmark creation pane, ready for me to replace it---or approve it. Same title as if autonamed but no "autoname" tag.
Glad you found the extra menu, although there is a subtle distinction. If you use the plain "Add Bookmark" menu (which produces the "autonamed" suffix) the name of the bookmark is updated as the bookmarked content changes. If you add a bookmark using "Add Bookmark As" then the name is fixed and does not update.

The request to change/hide the "autonamed" suffix has come up before, and is something that's on our list of things to do.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Renaming Bookmarks (feature request)

Post by martin »

Bob Stern wrote:It would be very useful if existing bookmarks could be renamed.
Also, a good idea- I actually thought we had that ability already, but it looks like not. Likely it's filed as a request, but I'll make sure, thanks.
kcheney

Post by kcheney »

Martin,

Thanks for the clarification on the difference between the two Add Bookmark commands.