searching ("Find") for graphic / table

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
economics

searching ("Find") for graphic / table

Post by economics »

I'd like to be able to search for a graphic in particular -- I get press summaries that are loaded with photos and delete them to keep the printed version to a manageable length. More generally, can you search for a table or other embedded feature (a list ... text with a hyperlink?).

I couldn't see anything on the forum or any reference materials that I have. I did take a look at the RTF code, but saw no obvious way to automate within my time & programming capability constraints. And opening with "ignore rich text," searching and then saving is awkward, even if I could figure out how to selectively find / delete graphics without botching something else (is there a parity check? -- maybe I'm dating myself!).
Kino

Re: searching ("Find") for graphic / table

Post by Kino »

I think it would be handy to create macros consisting of a single command such as

Code: Select all

Select Next Table
Select Previous Table
Select Next Image
Select Previous Image
Select Next Link
Select Previous Link
etc., etc.
and assign shortcuts to them. Unfortunately Select Next/Previous Image commands do not work for floating images, though.

This kind of macro commands are listed and described under "Selection Commands" in Nisus Macro Reference.rtf (in Read Me folder of NisusWriter Pro dmg or http://nisus.com/files/GetMacroRedirect ... MacroGuide).

With lists, you have to do something tedious. Although commands like Select Next List Item, Select Previous List Item, etc. are available, there are not Select Next List, Select Previous List, etc. So you have to use "Select Range" in the List Tag (appearing when the caret is situated somewhere in a list) of the Status Bar in order to select a list entirely.