Text Color Screen Options

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
bjast

Text Color Screen Options

Post by bjast »

Being new to NWP I'm wondering if there is a way to have the color of the text on the screen one color, without actually changing the real color of the text itself?

For instance, I find white text on a dark blue background is soothing to the eyes. But when I change the text color to white I can no longer use QuickLook in the Finder because there appears to be no text in each doc I preview.

Some other word processor I've use have been able to do this.

Thanks
exegete77

Re: Text Color Screen Options

Post by exegete77 »

Howdy. Not sure I understand what you desire, but you could set up a character style for normal, then another for your color of choice (white). You can base paragraph styles on that character style, then when ready to print, etc. just change the paragraph style to be "normal" color.
iMac 21.5” / MBP 13” Retina
Mac user since 1990
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

You can change the text/background appearance, without altering the real/printable color, but only for Full Screen mode. You can find those settings in your NWP "Appearance" preferences. Look under "Customizable Colors" and click the "Document Views" entry.
bjast

Post by bjast »

Thanks Martin, I already do this with the Full Screen mode. My hope is to use NWP in its regular screen mode with white text on a blue background but, at present, this means that all of the files I save end up appearing blank when opened with other applications, or viewed with Quick Look in the Finder.

Why is this option available in Full Screen mode and not in regular mode? Can it be added in the future since it already exists within NWP?

Thanks
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Offhand I can't think of any reason why the global/default text coloring isn't available in Draft/Page view. I'll file it as an enhancement request, thanks.