statistics into the tooldrawer writing palette

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
unger

statistics into the tooldrawer writing palette

Post by unger »

Originally, I could access statistics (word count etc.) in the writing palette of the tooldrawer.
Recently, this mysteriously disappeared.
I know how to get a free floating statistics palette, but I can't figure out how to get the statistics back into the writing palette of the tooldrawer.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: statistics into the tooldrawer writing palette

Post by martin »

To configure the tooldrawer palette groups, you'll want to open up the palette library:

1. Make sure you have a document open (any will do) with the tooldrawer showing.
2. Use the menu Window > Palettes > Palette Library to show the library.
3. From the library, locate the palette you're after (in your case the "Statistics" palette).
4. Grab the palette (either its name from the listing, or its preview below) and drag-drop it to the tooldrawer of the open document.

As you're dragging, you should see the existing palettes "slide" around to accommodate the palette you're placing. Once you're satisfied with the placement, let go of the mouse button to finish the adjustment.

I hope that helps. Let us know if you have any questions.
unger

Post by unger »

When I access palettes->palette library,the statistics the only icon that appears is "language".

(Statistics appears , among many other items, directly in the palettes menu. I can drag it out, but it remains a free-floating box, that is not incorporated in the tooldrawer.)
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm not sure I understand. When you show the Palette Library it should look something like this:
lib.png
lib.png (38.36 KiB) Viewed 2974 times
If you click the "All Palettes" category, you should see the Statistics palette listed. You can then click its name in the list to drag-drop the palette to your tooldrawer.