Comments Disabled

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
MichaelM

Comments Disabled

Post by MichaelM »

Hi,

I'm a happy user of Nisus Writer Pro going on several months now. For some reason, the "add comments" icon on my menu bar has become disabled. I'm wondering why this has happened, and what I can do to reenable it?

Thanks!

MichaelM
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Re: Comments Disabled

Post by rmark »

Hi MichaelM,

I'm sorry you experience difficulties with Nisus Writer Pro.

I'm puzzled. Do you see the icon? What happens when you do click it?

What happens if you choose Add Comment from the Comments submenu of the insert menu? Does that work?
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
MichaelM

Post by MichaelM »

Hi rmark,

Thanks for your response. I can see the icon on my menu bar, but when I click it, it does nothing. Also, when I pull down the comments selections from the Insert menu, the "add comment" choice is there but unavailable (gray and will not respond when clicked). I am using a Mac Book Pro with the latest OSX, running Parallels in the background.

Thanks again for your help.

MichaelM
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Hi, MichaelM

Where do you place the insertion point when you want to insert a comment? If it happens to be in a header/footer, comments are disabled. You should first click in the main text, then add a comment.

Regards, Henry.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Henry is right- comments aren't available in headers/footers. But if the menu is disabled in the normal text areas, that would be unexpected. Does the problem also occur in a new document with some simple text, or just in a particular document?
MichaelM

Post by MichaelM »

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this...I suspect the disabling of the comment icon had something to do with running Parallels on my Mac, as the problem went away after I rebooted Parallels and Windows 7. The comments feature has been working fine ever since, even with Parallels and Windows running. Thanks for your help.

MichaelM