Variable Height Vertical Spacing

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
haver

Variable Height Vertical Spacing

Post by haver »

I know it's not there, and I can't remember seeing such a feature in any word processor, but it would be nice to get a variable height vertical spacing option in the Spacing for After paragraph. Such a feature would make it possible to write letters where the body would always be centered on the page.

For example, you create a Style for the Subject of a letter where the spacing after would be variable so as to center vertically on the page the body of the letter. It would certainly look better to my eye.

Maybe I'm the only one who would like this, but I'm still asking. Just in case.

Nelson
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Variable Height Vertical Spacing

Post by martin »

You're right that we don't have this feature. Am I correct in assuming that you want these special "variable spacing" paragraphs to be centered on the page regardless of the placement of any text that comes before or after them? That seems quite esoteric. I think a better implementation (and feature request) would be floating text boxes; those you could naturally place/center on the page independent from other content.

On the other hand, if you just want all text on a single page to be vertically centered, you can use a single table cell to accomplish that. I'll attach an example file.
Attachments
tablecell.zrtf
(2.77 KiB) Downloaded 345 times