apply template to old documents

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
cirillof

apply template to old documents

Post by cirillof »

I have this problem: I have many documents on which I have to change page margins following a new margin template.

In other word processing apps I would have created a new template with new margins and then for each old documents I would have executed a command like: apply *new* template to this document.

But it seems I can't do that working with nisus.

Since this "apply template to doc" functionality usually is a really basic function, I expect I was not able to find it.

Any hint?

Thanks.

Francesco

PS I am not interested in transferring/applying paragraph/character styles from one doc to another. I am interested in "global properties" like margins etc.
Groucho

Re: apply template to old documents

Post by Groucho »

cirillof wrote:PS I am not interested in transferring/applying paragraph/character styles from one doc to another. I am interested in "global properties" like margins etc.
Hello, Francesco.
I’m afraid NWP goes exactly the other way around. You can import/export a set of styles but not other settings, like margins. Only chance, you can create a new empty document out of a template, select all text in the old one, then drag or copy-paste it. I can’t think of anything else.
I hope this helps, though I suppose you are looking for a faster way.

Cheers, Henry.
cirillof

Re: apply template to old documents

Post by cirillof »

Thanks the same Henri

Francesco