Special Character Palette -- NW2

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
mjfriedman

Special Character Palette -- NW2

Post by mjfriedman »

Just downloaded NWP2. When I click on items in the Special Character Palette, nothing happens. I can however insert these characters via Insert | Special Character. can someone help?

Thank you,
Michael
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Special Character Palette -- NW2

Post by martin »

Hrm, I just gave it a try and didn't have any troubles. I tried with the palette both floating free and docked inside the tooldrawer. What listing mode do you have the palette set to? Where does your document selection rest at the time of insertion? Anything else about your setup that might be useful to know?

Oh, you might submit a report using the menu Help > Send Feedback, just after a special character fails to insert itself. That will automatically collect some logs, which might shed a clue on this.

Hopefully we can get this figured out for you. Thanks.
mjfriedman

Post by mjfriedman »

Thank you Martin. The issue is that when I click on a symbol inside the palette there is no tactile feedback that I have clicked, i.e. I want to insert say dollar. When I hover over dollar that line does not highlight and when I click on dollar there is no indication that the click has registered. This is true regardless of whether I move the palette to the tool drawer and is the case no matter which set of characters I have the palette display.

Michael
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Ah, so it's just the visual feedback that's lacking- but the special character is actually inserted into your document's text area as desired?
mjfriedman

Post by mjfriedman »

Martin, no feedback and also no insert.

Michael