Broken Bookends Unscan in Nisus 2.0

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
rostam

Broken Bookends Unscan in Nisus 2.0

Post by rostam »

Hi to all,

I am also very pleased by the advances made in NWP 2.0, but there is a problem with Bookends Unscan - it doesn't seem to work. I contacted the Sonny Software support and they said that an update at the Nisus end is necessary. Has the issue been located and when can we expect an update/fix?

Many thanks
nicka

Re: Broken Bookends Unscan in Nisus 2.0

Post by nicka »

Just in case another data point is helpful, I'm seeing this too.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thanks for letting us know- the makers of Bookends also alerted us about this issue, and we're working on it together.
nicka

Post by nicka »

I'm very glad that you are woking on this with Sonny Software.

In the meantime I thought I should add a cautionary note for users of NWP 2 and Bookends. I'm seeing another problem with the communication between the two applications. Not all cited references in a text are showing up in the reference list that Bookends generates and inserts in the NWP document. I haven't had time to run tests, so I'm not sure how reproducible this is, but I'm absolutely certain that it has happened in my file. I nearly submitted a grant application with 6 of the 37 cited references missing from the bibliography. The problem happened when I added references and rescanned, as far as I can make out.

Naturally I hope that this is another manifestation of the same problem that has broken unscan, so that when that is fixed, this is too, but I have no way of knowing if it is related or not. Martin / rmark: if you would like me to look into the problem/provide more details/provide a sample file please let me know.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

nicka wrote:Naturally I hope that this is another manifestation of the same problem that has broken unscan, so that when that is fixed, this is too, but I have no way of knowing if it is related or not. Martin / rmark: if you would like me to look into the problem/provide more details/provide a sample file please let me know.
If a scan/rescan is leaving out citations from the generated bibliography, that sounds like a different problem, and one we'd be happy to reproduce and look at. Thanks very much for the offer- we'd definitely appreciate it if you did manage to send us a sample file.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

We have a public beta of NWP version 2.0.1 that fixes this issue with Bookends:

http://nisus.com/files/pro/NWP-v201-p1.zip