Mac App Store

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
jmf

Mac App Store

Post by jmf »

Hi,

I am enjoying NWP and hope to eventually upgrade to 2.0. Do you have any updated information (possibility and/or timing) regarding NWP availability in the Mac App Store? Thanks, John
Groucho

Re: Mac App Store

Post by Groucho »

Hello, John.

This topic was around some time ago. Check this. As far as I know, people at Nisus is not eager to sell NWP through the Mac App Store. Nor am I.

Greetings, Henry.
jmf

Post by jmf »

Hi Henry,

I had reviewed the post from early June. I was asking for an update to see if there was any additional information available from the developers.

If you would check the same post you reference, it seems that the developers are open to considering the the Mac App store:
We are working on getting Nisus Writer into the new Mac App Store.

It's true that Apple does take a cut (developers keep 70%) but they provide some services for that, like the unified update mechanism. And of course, developers get access to a new market.
Thanks,

John
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

I went through the posts but I couldn’t find the first paragraph you cited in your reply. As to the following ones, they sound like a statement, not an announcement. Anyway, it’s up to Nisus to reply, not me. I just expressed my opinion. Something tells me I’m going to be better off if I buy and update or upgrade NWP through Nisus’ site, not through Mac App Store. That is my opinion, of course.

Cheers, Henry.
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Addenda & corrigenda:
I have found the first sentence. My fault, sorry. Now it’s Martin’s turn to explain :) .

So long, Henry.
elrjax

Post by elrjax »

Hi.

I also am interested in knowing if Nisus Pro will be available in the App store. I am a Scrivener user and have a project coming up needing indexes and tables for which I would like to use Nisus. I have access to other editors, so purchasing would be my preference, but not necessarily a requirement for the project. I have come to the conclusion that the App store makes my life simpler, so I am not as inclined to purchase apps directly as I once was. Any plans that can be shared?

Thanks.

-Ed
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Nisus Writer Pro is now available in the Mac App Store. Nisus Writer Express will hopefully follow soon.

Though if you buy directly from us we keep the 30% cut that Apple claims. But of course we're happy to have you as a customer whichever way works best for you!
jmf

Post by jmf »

hi martin,

thanks for the heads up. i just purchased my copy from the mac app store. i was already a 1.4 licensee but want to simplify life and am moving all my apps to the app store as big upgrades come through. i realize you loose 30%, but i've also just paid full price for an upgrade :)

i am enjoying the program and hope you guys make it to the "new and noteworthy page" or on the banner very soon.

john
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thanks for buying John! I can certainly understand wanting to keep life simple and unify software updates/synching.