Any chance of a full screen sans tool bar in Lion.

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
loulesko

Any chance of a full screen sans tool bar in Lion.

Post by loulesko »

Thanks for the speedy ramp up to make NWP fully Lionized.

Sadly the new full screen mode now includes the tools bar. Judging from other apps it looks like this is a Lion thing. Would it be difficult to make the tool bar go away in full screen?

Have a great day.

Lou
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Any chance of a full screen sans tool bar in Lion.

Post by martin »

Hi Lou- you're correct in suspecting that the toolbar always appearing in Full Screen mode is a Lion thing. I'm not quite sure why OSX does that, but so it is.

It's not terribly convenient, but once you enter full screen mode, you can rehide the toolbar. Unfortunately Lion doesn't remember that, so you'll have to take that action every time you enter full screen. You might give that command a keyboard shortcut to make it more convenient.
loulesko

Post by loulesko »

Thanks for the speedy response. Good tip about hiding the toolbar. In playing around I discovered that I can assign custom buttons to my custom macros - oh my gosh, that is so hot - I just turned the tool bar into something totally usable.

Have a great day.

Lou
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Ah great Lou. I don't think enough people know that NWP lets one turn any menu item (including any macro) into a toolbar button. Glad you found it!
Meuh

Post by Meuh »

Martin, I'm not clear from this if Nisus is going to fix the persistent toolbar issue. Please tell me that it is. This is such a fantastically capable application, it would be a real shame if the one thing it couldn't offer was a proper minimalist interface.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Meuh wrote:Martin, I'm not clear from this if Nisus is going to fix the persistent toolbar issue. Please tell me that it is.
It's unlikely that we'll do anything to change this (if we even could). As mentioned, the behavior of the toolbar in Lion's full screen mode is determined by OSX and is enforced across all your applications. We can file a bug/issue with Apple on this behavior and hope they fix it globally.