removing style

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
tomoyuki-kosaka

removing style

Post by tomoyuki-kosaka »

I would like to remove character, list and paragraph styles independently.

But just now these all styles are removed by "remove style" command.
I know paragraph style data is attached to return.
So I can divide paragraph and "character and list". But still character and list is removed togather.

Is there any good solution?

Why I'm talking this, I usually use list data as cross-reference. Then, when I removed character style, removing of cross-referenced list is problem.
Although, I put list style soon to there, cross-references are still linked, I think it is bother.

Kosaka
mrennie

Re: removing style

Post by mrennie »

Hello Kosaka,

you can remove individual style formatting by clicking on the corresponding icons in the statusbar and choosing "Remove style". Have a look at the Nisus Writer Pro help (Help>Nisus Writer Pro Help); in the document that opens, go to page 12 (physical page 13) and read the subchapter called "The Nisus Writer Pro Statusbar" for a detailed explanation.

Hope this helps!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

mrennie's tip is a good one: those little tag icons are easy to access for removing styles. Some other ways:

1. Holding down the Command key when you click a style name in the styles palette will toggle the style on/off.
2. Each style menu has a removal command, eg: Format > Character Style > Remove Character Styles. You can use them directly or assign keyboard shortcuts.
tomoyuki-kosaka

Post by tomoyuki-kosaka »

Hi, mrennie and martin, thank you for your replies.

I know that you want to say (martins one, command + clicking" I did not notice, so it is very nice information).
I like "The Nisus Writer Pro Statusbar" feature and use it many times.

But I found this,
If I attached a character style on a list styled word, remove "character" style using "character specific remove style" always remove both "list and character" style.
You can see the result in Statusbar icon. List icon is disappeared.
If I remove "list style" by using the command "remove style" in the statusbar, list style is removed only.

I think it looks like a bug.
Or my mis-understanding?

I'm using NWP 2.02 on intel mac 10.6.8
I need more informations.

Kosaka
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

tomoyuki-kosaka wrote:If I attached a character style on a list styled word, remove "character" style using "character specific remove style" always remove both "list and character" style.
You can see the result in Statusbar icon. List icon is disappeared.
I've been able to reproduce this behavior, and it is definitely a bug; I'll get it filed for fixing. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!