Terrific Mountain Lion feature

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
robertb

Terrific Mountain Lion feature

Post by robertb »

A super cool feature of Mountain Lion is the ability to rename a file and to move it to a new location while file is open in an application. In TextEdit, for example, you go to the file menu, choose Rename..., and the file name in the title bar is ready to rename. Same thing for Move To... Choose it from the file menu and you get a popup letting you move the file to wherever you wish. It saves all kinds of time and trouble. Can we hope for a version of NWP to incorporate the feature?

Robert
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Terrific Mountain Lion feature

Post by martin »

Hi Robert- I agree that this new Mountain Lion feature is very cool and convenient. I'm actually not exactly sure what is required for NWP to acquire the feature, because it's one of those things that come "for free" for apps, but only if certain conditions are met. In this case, it may be that Apple only provides this feature once an application adopts the use of OSX's "versions" document model. In any case, it's certainly something we'll look into.

In the meantime you might find the attached macro handy. It's obviously not as nice to use as the titlebar's inline renaming, but it might be better than jumping to the Finder (especially if you assign the macro a keyboard shortcut).
Attachments
RenameFrontDoc.zip
(3.87 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
robertb

Post by robertb »

Martin:
Thanks so much for your trouble. I assigned the macro a keystroke, and it all works perfectly.
Robert
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Hello Robert, the recently released Nisus Writer Pro version 2.1 added support for this feature, as well as many other enhancements. Enjoy!
robertb

Post by robertb »

Thanks so much, Martin. I've been using 2.1 for four or five days now; it's impressive. By the way, the list of changes—both enhancements and bug fixes—is downright amazing. Great job.