punctuation marks turn left-to-write when exported to PC

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
navaney

punctuation marks turn left-to-write when exported to PC

Post by navaney »

Hi there,

When I send a Mac Nisus Hebrew Word doc (or RTF) to a PC, the Hebrew words are aligned fine but all punctuation marks are aligned to the left and the font changes to English when the blinking line is next to them.
Also, the text in the comments I inserted, showed up left-side-right!
This is very urgent. i cannot send my work to an editor. Can somebody help?
Thanks,
Nava
CrisB

Re: punctuation marks turn left-to-write when exported to PC

Post by CrisB »

If you'd like Nisus to issue a fix for this bug sooner rather than later, then please post your support to Nisus issuing more frequent bug-fixes on page http://nisus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5439

Nisus do listen to numbers, so the more people who support more frequent bug-fixes, the more notice they take of the issue!

thanks, Cris
Find strategies to improve your effectiveness at http://www.lifestrategies.net
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Re: punctuation marks turn left-to-write when exported to PC

Post by rmark »

Hello Nava and CrisB,

I recall some correspondence with you on this subject a few years back (2011). At the time I suggested that it seemed to be something either in the way we export the bidirectional information ("weak directionality" of punctuation), or it might be an error in the way "Word on PC" interprets the file we create, and I requested a sample file.

We need to see a sample/snippet file so we can understand what you're really working with. We would also need to know what version(s) of Windows and Word your colleagues use. Even so, if it is something that "Word on PC" does, there's not much we at Nisus Software Inc. can do.

So, please send that sample/snippet to us at: <support@nisus.com> in order for us to run some tests.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.