Frequent crashes

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
writerhoward

Frequent crashes

Post by writerhoward »

I'm running Nisus Writer Pro 2.0.6 on Snow Leopard. Whenever I try to paste things I've copied from the Web, such as directions I've copied from MapQuest, into Nisus Writer Pro, the program aborts.

Howard
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Frequent crashes

Post by martin »

Hello Howard: I'm sorry you've had trouble with NWP crashing. From what you describe, it sounds like an issue we're already tracking, where the bug is triggered by pasting certain kinds of tables from Safari into NWP. So far as we know the bug only manifests on OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard). OSX 10.7 and later do not trigger the bug.

That said, the next time the crash occurs, could you please relaunch NWP and use the menu Help > Send Feedback to send us a report? Please be sure to checkmark the option to send us diagnostic information like crash logs. That way we can be sure we understand whatever problem you're running into. Thank you!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

One tip: if this is the same issue we're already of, you might be able to avoid it by downgrading to NWP 2.0.5 or 2.0.4 (available in our version archive). Something about recent changes seems to have aggravated/triggered the bug for OSX 10.6.
writerhoward

Post by writerhoward »

Martin,

It happened again yesterday from Firefox, so I sent you the report using Help > Send Feedback.

Howard
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thank you Howard. This bug affecting pasting content into Nisus Writer on Mac OS X 10.6 should be fixed in the just released Nisus Writer Pro 2.0.7