Table Styles

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ptram

Table Styles

Post by ptram »

Hi,

As a technical writer, my documents are always full of tables. And it constantly happens that some of the team members sends me back the proofed draft with the "why not lighten the heading cell color in all tables" note.

Now, this is super-easy to do in InDesign, since there are styles for tables and cells. Nisus has neither of them, and all changes have to be done manually on all and every table.

Is there any chance this feature can be added? Maybe before the end of this summer, since that will be the time to complete a job that I'm planning to do all in Nisus...

Cheers,
Paolo
Last edited by ptram on 2015-03-27 18:06:56, edited 1 time in total.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Table Styles

Post by martin »

Hi Paolo: I can well understand the need for this feature. It would be super useful, and a natural fit for Nisus Writer. It's something that's been requested before, and is filed as a possible enhancement. I'll add your vote, thank you!
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

Hello Paolo,
here's a macro that will select all table header cells at once, so you can adjust their shading property at the same time. The macro relies on the style "Table Header", which is what Nisus uses when you use the built-in table with header feature. It could probably be adjusted if you use some other method for designating header cells.
Attachments
Select All Table Headers.nwm
(5.44 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
philip
ptram

Post by ptram »

Thank you very much for your replies.

P.H., thank you very much for the macro. At firt, I could not make it work, but then I understood that the original cell should have shading (background color) applied. It works great!

Paolo
NisusUser

Post by NisusUser »

martin wrote:Hi Paolo: I can well understand the need for this feature [table styles]. It would be super useful, and a natural fit for Nisus Writer. It's something that's been requested before, and is filed as a possible enhancement. I'll add your vote, thank you!
+1 for me. I have decided to use InDesign for one project, and in part this is why. The other thing is that text doesn't always seem to render rightly in tables (baselines, etc.), esp. with Hebrew.