Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Mail Merge defaults to "normal" paragraph style 

Hello

Does anyone know a way to stop NWP defaulting a merge placeholder back to the normal paragraph style each time the file is opened?

I'm trying to mail merge a certificate and the name keeps going back to normal paragraph despite changing the font each time to a centred script like font.

I can't just change normal to be the script type font because in the same document I merge a covering letter so I need the address for the envelope to be normal.

Many thanks in advance

Adrian

2014-10-30 01:49:44

Are you applying a defined style to the merge place holder? Those styles don't seem to stick. Here are some suggestions.
  • A paragraph style seems to stick if you make sure to insert a non-merge character as the first character of the paragraph. (A space will do).
  • In my quick test attributes applied by hand do seem to stick. So just format the text individually without the style.

2014-10-30 20:51:45

Hello

Thanks for your reply.

Styles made by hand don't seem to stick for me. However, you are absolutely right that applying a paragraph style with a character before it (even a space) seems to work!

Thanks so much.

Adrian

2014-10-31 05:38:24
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]