Search for Font Size then replace with Style

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Johannes

Search for Font Size then replace with Style

Post by Johannes »

I use Scrivener to create (quite long) documents.
To differentiate between headers i use different font sizes (in scrivener) since it cannot compile styles.
usually i would use MS Word to do a search and replace. In Word i can search for a specific font size and replace it with whatever i want - in my case a heading style.

how to do this in NISUS?

until now i got this far:
1. search "Placeholder" (e.g. "every word") and specify the font size i am looking for. (hint: it might not be called "Placeholder" - i use a german version of Nisus)
this works great. :)
but when i choose to replace it with a style it just deletes the searched word. :o

what am i doing wrong? :?

or is there a better practice to get compiled documents out of scrivener (RTF) and quickly assign document-wide styles to it?

I would be happy for a hint.
capvideo

Re: Search for Font Size then replace with Style

Post by capvideo »

You should be able to replace with "Found" text (under the "Match" menu under the gear icon next to "Replace with:" (quoted text from the English version).

Set the style of the "Found" bullet to what you want the matched text to be styled, and it should work. I've done this sort of thing many times, and have just verified that it works with font sizes.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 12.26.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 12.26.35 PM.png (64.44 KiB) Viewed 6907 times
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Thanks!

That is even simpler then the method i found. (about 30 minutes after posting my thread i found an answer...)
in the method i found you find all the fonts in a certain size and highlight them, then you just apply a style.
Nisus is quite clever this way.
ptram

Post by ptram »

Still, I believe that using the "Select All" command under the Character icon (lower-right side or the document's window) is a much easier and quicker way of doing the same.

Paolo