NWP won't run on rickety Mac Mini

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ncdobson

NWP won't run on rickety Mac Mini

Post by ncdobson »

NWP has stopped working on my 2007ish Mac Mini running OS 10.7.5. Initially the program would open & then freeze, but now it fails to open at all. Did my attempt to update to NWP 2.1.1 cause compatibility issues? Is it possible to go back to 2.1.0 or 2.0?

Thanks in advance,

Nick
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: NWP won't run on rickety Mac Mini

Post by martin »

Hello Nick: I'm sorry you've had trouble running Nisus Writer Pro (NWP) on your Mac Mini. You say you're using OSX 10.7.5, so you should not have any troubles using NWP version 2.1.1.

The first thing to try: delete your copy of NWP and download a fresh one. Sometimes copies of NWP are somehow damaged during the update process.

If you still have troubles, could you please send us the contents of the crash report? Usually if an app fails to launch you'll see a warning alert from the system. If you click the button to show the details, a pretty detailed report is shown. We should be able to use that to identify the problem. You can write to us directly at:
ncdobson

Post by ncdobson »

I did try deleting NWP & downloading a new copy before posting to the forum w/o any luck, but I'll try again.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Please let me know if your attempt is successful. If not, I'm sure there's something we can do to get NWP working on your Mac Mini, rickety or not.