Wishlist

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
WiLi

Wishlist

Post by WiLi »

Keybord shortcuts:

1. There seems to be no possibility to use the up down arrow keys for shortcuts. But especially these can be essential for things like subscript or superscript letters, left right Arrows for kerning etc. Take Illustrator as a good example to go after.

2. Saving Search expressions
Search Expressions can be saved, but one has to always retype everything. A better way would be: to be able to re-use an existing name like in finder or like the printer settings dialog
phspaelti

Re: Wishlist

Post by phspaelti »

Hello WiLi,
WiLi wrote:2. Saving Search expressions
Search Expressions can be saved, but one has to always retype everything. A better way would be: to be able to re-use an existing name like in finder or like the printer settings dialog
I'm not quite sure what you are looking for here. If I have a find expression in the find box and I choose "Save Expression" the expression is transferred to the saved list and Nisus suggests the expression itself as the name. But I can always choose a more descriptive name. Either way I don't have to retype anything.
Aside from that you can also use "Macroize" to save find and replace expressions. This has the advantage that it will also save all the option settings, and it can save the find and replace together. With this method too, there is no retyping necessary.
But maybe I'm not understanding your point?
philip
WiLi

Re: Wishlist

Post by WiLi »

normally I want to give my saved search expression a name from which I see what it does (the Regex, on the other hand, can become quite long and next week I will possibly not understand what it does)

And the name that I want to give it needs to be typed in every time I do an iteration or small modification. Also it is not so easy to re-use a name for a more advanced search algorithm.

Like with the printer settings: I have my settings "OldName" and want to do little modification, like duplex printing, with a mark selected in some remote menu. But I save it quickly as "OldName duplex" without needing to retype "OldName". Only necessary to add " duplex" in the save dialog and "done".