Alternative Mail-apps

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
alange

Alternative Mail-apps

Post by alange »

I'm using "Postbox" as Mail-app. Unfortunately I Nisus doesn't support this Mail-app. Do you have plans to do this in the future? Or does Nisus supports any other Mail-app than the Apple-Mail-app?
alange

Re: Alternative Mail-apps

Post by alange »

The reason to ask for supporting "Postbox" as Mail-app is, that Nisus says: "We do not support Postbox at the moment". So - I am hoping, that "at the moment" means, that do you have plans to do so? That would be nice.
xiamenese

Post by xiamenese »

I don't understand why you're posting this here in the Nisus Writer Pro forum. If you're talking about InfoClick and non Mail.app support, you should post in the InfoClick forum; if you're concerned that clicking a mailto: in any Nisus software or this site, go and complain to Apple! To my knowledge it's an OSX problem in that no matter what mail program I have set as my default, the system takes me to Mail.app whenever I click on a mailto: and it drives me mad!

Mark
adryan

Post by adryan »

G’day, alange et al

Acknowledging that this thread is not really appropriate in this particular forum, I will nevertheless add to it because it may help to clarify something.

Firefox and iCab allow you to set your preferred email client in Preferences, but Safari does not. I haven’t checked any other browsers.

Cheers,
Adrian
MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 2021)
macOS Ventura
Nisus Writer user since 1996
Þorvarður

Post by Þorvarður »

xiamenese wrote:it's an OSX problem in that no matter what mail program I have set as my default, the system takes me to Mail.app whenever I click on a mailto: and it drives me mad!
Hi Mark,

To change the default application you are supposed to start Mail, and then go to Preferences > General to select your preferred email reader.
a.png
a.png (64.18 KiB) Viewed 6721 times
The change will be reflected in your browser's new behavior.

Did you do this?
xiamenese

Post by xiamenese »

Þorvarður, thanks so much. I thought I had done it, but checked anyway, and no, it was set to Mail.app in the Mail preferences. I've switched it to GyazMail, so I'll see if that works.

:)

Mark