Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Problem with new section on odd page 

Hello. I have a problem with ensuring that new sections always start on an odd page. It works fine when I insert the section on odd page break, NWP then adds a blank page if this is necessary to satisfy this condition. However, if I then add text before the break, NWP does not adjust the page break / blank pages and the new section may be located also on even pages.
Is this the way it is supposed to work or am I doing something wrong? I hope the later because otherwise I will need to manually control every section break at the very end, which really of defeats the purpose of using this functionality. Else, I just go back to the original word template from my university, which defeats the purpose of buying NWP... Is there a way?

I appreciate any insight in this issue. Thank you

2015-08-10 12:54:50

schac wrote:
However, if I then add text before the break, NWP does not adjust the page break / blank pages and the new section may be located also on even pages.

This may be because the layout becomes stale; if you close the file and reopen it, the new section should appear correctly on odd page.

2015-08-10 23:48:54

Hello, indeed, reopening the document adjusts blank pages and corrects the section start. I could have thought of it but on the other hand it may be preferable to auto-adjust. Who knows if I close and reopen the document before final printout. Thank you for the hint!

2015-08-10 23:55:27
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]