Discount for older version of Nisus Writer Pro?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
cltns

Discount for older version of Nisus Writer Pro?

Post by cltns »

I have the latest Nisus version on El Capitan, but my wife's laptop is stuck with Snow Leopard and she also need a word processor software. The last version of Nisus Writer Pro available for her is 2.0.7. Before going with LibreOffice, I though that maybe it's possible to still purchase this old version (maybe for a discounted price)?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Discount for older version of Nisus Writer Pro?

Post by martin »

You can definitely still use and install older versions of Nisus Writer Pro. We maintain a version archive that provides downloads for all past versions. If you purchase a license from us now, it will be valid for any 2.x version, including 2.0.7.

As for a discount for using version 2.0.7 instead of 2.1.x, I don't think there's anything we'll be able to do. There's no way for us to enforce the restriction; the purchased license key could be used for 2.1.x at any time. However, if you already have a license key for Pro 2.x, then you can get a discount by upgrading it to a family pack. Please see our Nisus Writer Pro buying options and contact sales@nisus.com if you have any questions.
cltns

Re: Discount for older version of Nisus Writer Pro?

Post by cltns »

martin wrote:If you purchase a license from us now, it will be valid for any 2.x version, including 2.0.7. As for a discount for using version 2.0.7 instead of 2.1.x, I don't think there's anything we'll be able to do. There's no way for us to enforce the restriction; the purchased license key could be used for 2.1.x at any time.
I haven't been aware of this, good to know.
martin wrote:However, if you already have a license key for Pro 2.x, then you can get a discount by upgrading it to a family pack. Please see our Nisus Writer Pro buying options
Thank you, I'll certainly check it out!