Styles Palette

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
writerx

Styles Palette

Post by writerx »

Snow Leopard (10.6.8), Nisus Writer Pro v2.0.6

I attach screenshot of the Styles Palette. Is there any way for the list of styles that appears on the palette to be extended to include all styles I've created for the document. Not shown on the palette are Note Styles (Footnote) and List styles.

In anticipation, thank you for your help.
Attachments
Screen shot 2015-10-24 at 16.14.25.png
Screen shot 2015-10-24 at 16.14.25.png (24.52 KiB) Viewed 3710 times
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Styles Palette

Post by martin »

What you'd like is not possible, sorry. The Styles palette doesn't show note or list styles. However, some points that might help you:

1. There is a separate Lists palette that controls the list style. You can use it to change the list style any time.
2. You can have a paragraph style enforce a list style. For example, you can create a paragraph style called "List" that enforces the "Numbered List" list style. Then you can just apply that paragraph style using the Styles palette.
3. Note styles are always automatically applied to any footnote or endnote you insert. You should never need to apply a note style.
4. If you ever want to convert endnotes to footnotes (or vice versa) you can do so using the contextual menu. Just select one or more notes, right-click to show the contextual menu, and choose the command "Convert to Endnote".

I hope that helps!
writerx

Re: Styles Palette

Post by writerx »

Yes thank you.
Nisus Writer Pro user since 2013 if not before