Keyboard Shortcuts for 3 Views

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
acb

Keyboard Shortcuts for 3 Views

Post by acb »

I have successfully overridden a number of default keyboard shortcuts that ship with Nisus Writer Pro by using OS X’s System Prefs mechanism.

However, I am having trouble doing so for the 3 primary views: Draft View, Page View, Style Sheet.

For some of the other keyboard shortcuts I wanted, I found they were already in use for other features in NWP, but it was not a problem for me to use my preferred shortcuts for the menu items I wanted them for. For example I reassigned cmd I to ‘Show Invisibles.’

I want cmd 1, 2 & 3 to control the view state, but they keep on invoking linespacing.

I don’t have any keyboard shortcuts set up for any style sheets.
The shortcuts show up in the appropriate View menu.
The shortcuts are no longer visible in the Format > Paragraph Spacing, submenu.

This persists across a reboot of my Mac. Not sure what I’m doing wrong or if this is a bug.

TIA
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts for 3 Views

Post by martin »

The first thing I would recommend: please try assigning your keyboard shortcuts via Nisus Writer's own preferences, instead of via OSX's system preferences. It would be best if you removed any existing shortcuts you set via OSX, to prevent external interference. Using Nisus Writer's preferences should be more reliable than OSX's preferences, and has the added benefit that you can assign multi-key shortcuts, eg: Command + H1 to apply a "Heading 1" style.

If you still have trouble using Nisus Writer's preferences, please let us know and we can continue to troubleshoot.
acb

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts for 3 Views

Post by acb »

Thank you Martin for the extra info, I will look into that.

Not much later, as you note, I updated via Preferences > Menu Keys the defaults set, which I wished to override. I deleted the keyboard shortcuts from the paragraph line heights. This worked for me mostly, but I ended up having to assign them in Nisus too, to the View options I wanted. So you are right. I will remove them from the OS X control panel.

I did a lot of scanning and various readings in the Nisus Writer Pro PDF manual but didn’t read up on multi-key short cuts, so am guessing they are documented there.

Thanks.