Cannot install Nisus Writer Pro v 2.1.5

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
jtranter

Cannot install Nisus Writer Pro v 2.1.5

Post by jtranter »

I have downloaded this version from two sources, and nothing happens. When I ask to "reinstall" the box goes away and nothing (nothing) happens. Please?

JT
jtranter

Re: Cannot install Nisus Writer Pro v 2.1.5

Post by jtranter »

Yes, I can! Yes, I can!

I downloaded the Nisus Writer Pro zip version from the Nisus website, and it installed perfectly! 5;55 pm, Sydney time, Wednesday 31 August. Many thanks!

PS: Did you know that San Diego was where they invented WD40, way back in the fifties? It's even famous in Sydney!

So give the main file the flip,
and please choose the ZIP

:lol:
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Cannot install Nisus Writer Pro v 2.1.5

Post by martin »

It sounds like you were using our installer package (which has a .pkg file extension) to update to the new version. I've observed the installer will sometimes choose to update the wrong copy of Nisus Writer. Specifically the installer will infrequently choose to update an essentially invisible copy of the app, eg: one in the trash or inside a hidden temporary folder. We would improve this behavior, but the installer is a stock kind of thing provided by the Apple developer tools to wrap our app.

So, although the installer simplifies things for regular Mac users, a good ol' ZIP archive is still a great choice for knowledgable users. If you don't mind shuffling a few files around in the Finder.
jtranter wrote:PS: Did you know that San Diego was where they invented WD40, way back in the fifties? It's even famous in Sydney!

So give the main file the flip,
and please choose the ZIP

:lol:
haha, thanks for that. I've lived in San Diego my whole life, but had no idea this was also the birthplace of WD40– handy stuff indeed!