Since Sierra -- NWP dialog: can't find Untitled

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ToddO

Since Sierra -- NWP dialog: can't find Untitled

Post by ToddO »

Ever since the Sierra upgrade, I've noticed an odd dialog box displayed (periodically) when I start NWP. Text in the box says:

Bookmark data previously captured for a file is invalid.
File path: ~/Documents/Nisus Documents/Untitled.rtf

It seems to occur when I open Nisus Writer Pro *after* I quit and do not save a new doc.

I think I have the steps to recreate:

1. Open a new untitled doc (Mine are kept in "Nisus Documents")
2. Do not save, but Type in it long enough to trigger an autosave (Typing a bit of text and switching focus to another app also seems to trigger this)
3. QUIT (don't close doc)
4. I don't have the autosave on -- so it asks me if I want to save the doc. Do not save (Hit command-backspace)
5. Reopen Nisus.

Not sure if anyone already knows about how to fix this one, or if its part of the upcoming new version to address Sierra issues.

(Using 2.1.5 on early 2015 rMBP 13 with Sierra)
(In Sys Prefs>General, checked "Ask to keep changes when closing documents" and "Close windows when quitting app")
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Since Sierra -- NWP dialog: can't find Untitled

Post by martin »

Thank you for posting about this problem Todd. It certainly looks like an irregularity that's new to Sierra. We'll have to take a look and see what we can do.
ToddO

Post by ToddO »

Thanks for fixing this in the 2.1.6 release!

Frankly, it's awesome that you watch your boards so closely, and respond to user issues that quickly.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thanks for confirming that this is fixed and posting about it. We're happy to hear that everything is working smoothly for you now :)