Cannot remove custom item on toolbar NWP 2.1.6

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
NisusUser

Cannot remove custom item on toolbar NWP 2.1.6

Post by NisusUser »

For whatever reason, Control + click or a two finger click on the trackpad does not bring up the contextual menu allowing me to delete the item. Below is a screen capture of the instructions in the manual at p. 414.

Are others able to get this to work? I have a macro that I want to delete and replace with another. But I can't get the old one out of the way (and I want to label it the same way as the old one was).

When I control-click I am getting a different contextual menu – the one that sets the display settings, e.g., "Icon & Text", etc.

What might I be doing wrongly?
Attachments
TheContextualMenuIGet.png
TheContextualMenuIGet.png (27.04 KiB) Viewed 5299 times
RemoveCustomItemFromToolbar2.1.6.png
RemoveCustomItemFromToolbar2.1.6.png (87 KiB) Viewed 5299 times
adryan

Re: Cannot remove custom item on toolbar NWP 2.1.6

Post by adryan »

G’day, NisusUser et al

The Control+click procedure doesn’t work for me either, in that no Remove Item command appears in the drop-down menu.

You can Command+click on a Toolbar icon and drag it out of the Toolbar, but this won’t uncouple it from the menu item you assigned it.

If you Control+click on the Toolbar icon and choose Customize Toolbar… from the drop-down menu, you can then drag the icon from the Toolbar back down into the Toolbar icon repository. This prompts display of the dialog box that offers you the option of permanently deleting the icon from Nisus Writer.

Cheers,
Adrian
MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 2021)
macOS Ventura
Nisus Writer user since 1996
NisusUser

Post by NisusUser »

Thanks!

It actually worked. When I dragged the item out (when the screen was up allowing changes to the toolbar), then I got the question about deleting it permanently. I did. It's gone.

All's well with this issue! Thank you!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I think this is probably a change in macOS behavior, since some of those menu commands are provided by the system as stock toolbar support. Most likely Apple removed the command to delete items via the contextual menu, for whatever reason, leaving our documentation outdated. I'll see if we can't add the command back in, or at least update our documentation. Thank you!

I'm glad you found a solution using the Customize Toolbar command, which allows for more extensive toolbar editing.