Nisus hangs on export

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
samwa

Nisus hangs on export

Post by samwa »

I have been trying to export a large file to PDF using Nisus writer Pro 2.1.6. Every time I tried, I would get a spinning ball forever (I waited up to an hour) and would have to force quit. I tried exportin to other formats, such as .docx and .doc, but all of them behaved the same way. At first I thought it was the size of the file, or the footnotes it contains, but after much experimentation I was able to reproduce this behavior with a 3-page file with no text. It is possible to make it go away; in fact if I delete the line on the last page (which is blank), I can export just fine. I am attaching a cop of the file.
Attachments
wont_export.rtf
(19.72 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
Vanceone

Re: Nisus hangs on export

Post by Vanceone »

Interesting. I was able to replicate the hang with your document.

So looking deeper, it appears that the very last thing in the document is a tracked change of a deletion of a table of contents thing. a chapter 16 about a fingerbone or something.

This of course explains why the document is hanging; it is trying to find the reference to that chapter 16. Deleting that last line deletes the tracked change.
In your original document, see if you can turn tracked changes on and accept or reject the change. Similarly, make sure there are no table of contents hanging around.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thanks to Vanceone for finding the cause of the problem: a tracked change which includes a non-existent reference. As he said, if you delete (accept or reject) the tracked change, the document will export properly.

Of course this is a bug and we'll look into getting it fixed, thank you!
samwa

Post by samwa »

That works ! Thank you both.