Change Default Autosave Location

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
foster13

Change Default Autosave Location

Post by foster13 »

I prefer having the Document Manager folder outside the Library, and so I customized its location in the Preferences Doc Manager pane.

However, is it also possible to customize the default location in the Preferences Saving pane as far as where to autosave documents other than those listed (Document Manager, iCloud Drive, iCloud — Nisus Writer Pro, Dropbox, Crash Recovery Folder) and if so, how? Ideally I'd like it in the Document Manager folder I've customized outside the Library, but I don't see a way to do this.

Thank you!

– Susan Swartz
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Change Default Autosave Location

Post by martin »

foster13 wrote:I prefer having the Document Manager folder outside the Library, and so I customized its location in the Preferences Doc Manager pane.

However, is it also possible to customize the default location in the Preferences Saving pane as far as where to autosave documents other than those listed (Document Manager, iCloud Drive, iCloud — Nisus Writer Pro, Dropbox, Crash Recovery Folder) and if so, how?
At the moment you are limited to choosing a predetermined autosave location, like your Dropbox or Document Manager. You cannot choose an arbitrary folder, sorry. The enhancement you suggest has been requested before, and I'll add your vote for the feature.
Ideally I'd like it in the Document Manager folder I've customized outside the Library, but I don't see a way to do this.
This however is possible. If you set your autosave location to the Document Manager, then Nisus Writer will autosave to whichever folder you've selected for your Document Manager (ie: in the Doc Manager preferences).