|how move items up / down a list?
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||ronald [ 2017-05-12 03:40:54 ]|
|Post subject:||how move items up / down a list?|
How does one move items up and down (and if possible left and right) in a list?
How do I configure the corresponding shortcuts ?
thanks very much !!
|Author:||adryan [ 2017-05-12 14:58:23 ]|
|Post subject:||Re: how move items up / down a list?|
G’day, Ronald et al
Moving list items to the left or right (ie, decreasing or increasing the list level of an item) can be accomplished in various ways. Here are some of them:–
(1) Place the cursor anywhere in the item in question, then use Cmd+Option+right_arrow (⌘⌥→) to move the item to the right, or Cmd+Option+left_arrow (⌘⌥←) to move the item to the left.
(2) Place the cursor at the beginning of the item in question, then hit the Tab key to move the item to the right, or Shift-Tab to move it to the left.
(3) Place the cursor anywhere in the item in question, then choose from the main menu: Format > Increase [or Decrease] Indent. You will notice here that Nisus Writer already provides shortcuts for these commands, as used in Method 1 above.
(4) Place the cursor anywhere in the item in question, then choose from the drop-down menu in the List Toolbar Item: Increase [or Decrease] Indent.
(5) Place the cursor anywhere in the item in question, then increase or decrease the level in the Lists Palette from the Palette Library.
Moving list items up or down is something you need to do manually by cutting and pasting the relevant paragraph(s) into the required position in the list. If it’s an ordered list, Nisus Writer takes care of the ordering (eg, numbering) automatically. One could write macros to shift items up or down, and perhaps assign shortcuts to these macros, but you’d probably want them to shift all the nested items as well.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group