How to authorize NWP to access all my files - permanently?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
CrisB

How to authorize NWP to access all my files - permanently?

Post by CrisB »

I'm now looking at moving from Snow Leopard to Yosemite. but it's a real pain.

Latest update NWPro 2.1.7 says that because it's sandboxed, it requires separate permission to open a file that I've stored a link to in one of my documents. My files are on a separate disk partition and have been for increased security for ever, my first Mac was a Mac Plus many many years ago. How do I give NWP permission to access all such links in a document - there can be several hundred?

Even when I click the link in the document and have navigated to the file and given it permission to open, it seems to have forgotten next time and I need to navigate to it again. But although it does remember the file it opened last time [heading at top: "Last used file" in second png] there is no way to say yes choose this one and it makes me navigate to it again - so clumsy. Why can't I just select the one the link opened last time? see pngs...
Attachments
Original complaint
Original complaint
NWPro wont open my files-1.png (70.72 KiB) Viewed 4881 times
Open dialog showing correct last opened file but how do I say yes, open that one?
Open dialog showing correct last opened file but how do I say yes, open that one?
NWPro wont open my files-3.png (69.94 KiB) Viewed 4881 times
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: How to authorize NWP to access all my files - permanentl

Post by martin »

CrisB wrote:Even when I click the link in the document and have navigated to the file and given it permission to open, it seems to have forgotten next time and I need to navigate to it again.
Did you save your document after (re)selecting the target file in the file dialog? Sandboxing requires Nisus Writer to store an authorization to the target in your document's data on disk.
But although it does remember the file it opened last time [heading at top: "Last used file" in second png] there is no way to say yes choose this one and it makes me navigate to it again - so clumsy. Why can't I just select the one the link opened last time? see pngs...
There is no way for Nisus Writer to automatically select the file in the file dialog's listing. Apple expressly does not provide such a mechanism. We filed a bug/enhancement request with Apple ages ago, but their inaction suggests they don't want to allow the behavior.
How do I give NWP permission to access all such links in a document - there can be several hundred?
Have a look at this forum post I wrote some time ago. It describes the situation and provides a macro that should help you fix up a document with a lot of these pre-sandboxing links.