the ^ circumflex in Nisus

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
kurwi

the ^ circumflex in Nisus

Post by kurwi »

I use Nisus in tandem with Bookends. Therefore, i sometimes have to add a ^ (circumflex) to a reference, like in {^Johnsson, 2012, #32157}. When I add the circumflex and try to click somewhere else the cursor doesn't move - I have to move it with the right-arrows. It's really not a big problem, I'll soon learn it, but I'm just curious: has the cirumflex a special meaning in Nisus? :o
MacSailor

Re: the ^ circumflex in Nisus

Post by MacSailor »

kurwi wrote: 2018-03-16 10:32:43 I use Nisus in tandem with Bookends. Therefore, i sometimes have to add a ^ (circumflex) to a reference, like in {^Johnsson, 2012, #32157}. When I add the circumflex and try to click somewhere else the cursor doesn't move - I have to move it with the right-arrows. It's really not a big problem, I'll soon learn it, but I'm just curious: has the cirumflex a special meaning in Nisus? :o
I tried to use circumflex in a random text within NWP and I had no problem whatsoever to move the cursor by clicking somewhere else within the text document.
Peter Edwardsson
Þorvarður

Post by Þorvarður »

Just a thought, could it be that you are typing a wrong character?

How do you type the character? There are a number of ways to create it; it all depends on which language keyboard layout you are using.

Choose the Keyboard Viewer from the Input menu (in the upper right corner of your screen.) Is the character displayed in an orange color? If yes, then the button you press is a dead key.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_key
Þorvarður

Post by Þorvarður »

has the cirumflex a special meaning in Nisus?
The caret has special meanings in PowerFind Pro expressions, but that's of no relevance here.